The annual ‘King of the Hill’ event is coming up in Wainuiomata. This is a chance to complete the challenge of walking or running from Queen St to the top of the hill and back. The Happy Chemist will definitely be putting a team in.
If nothing else this is an opportunity to make exercise part of our daily lives.
Want to feel better, have more energy and perhaps even live longer? Look no further than exercise. The health benefits of regular exercise and physical activity are hard to ignore.
And the benefits of exercise are yours for the taking, regardless of your age, sex or physical ability.
Need more convincing to exercise? In his book ‘A Short Guide to a Long Life’ David Agus outlines 10 reasons to take a walk.
- You’ll prevent weight gain and perhaps walk off weight.
- You’ll reduce your risk of cancer.
- You’ll reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke.
- You’ll reduce your risk of diabetes.
- You’ll boost brain power and inspire creativity.
- You’ll improve your mood.
- You’ll relieve stress.
- You’ll stimulate a connection with nature and encourage self-reflection.
- You’ll gain an alertness on par with that you’d get from a cup of coffee.
- You’ll live longer.
All of those reasons sound like a good motivation to exercise even in winter, and to sign up for King of the Hill!