The days are getting shorter,
there is a chill in the air.
It has been a fantastic summer,
but soon winter will be here.
A healthy immune system is the best defence against cough, cold and flu. Prepare yourself and your family now to avoid sickness.
Here are Clive’s 8 tips:
- Stay active. It’s tempting to stay on the couch but exercising regularly will improve your immunity AND your mood.
- Eat a balanced diet and drink plenty of water. Are you getting the right vitamins and minerals in your diet? Some multivitamins contain immune supporting nutrients. We’ll help you find the right options.
- Have your flu vaccination. We can do this at Clive’s Chemist or we can visit your company / organisation to immunise your whole team. Also you may be fully funded at your doctors so give them a call.
- Buccaline tablets can boost your body’s immunity and protect you from the bacterial complications of colds and flu.
- If you are asthmatic, take your reliever inhalers regularly. See your pharmacist to make sure your technique is helping you get the best relief.
- Is your house well insulated? There may be a subsidy available to help you with this.
- Vitamin C and Zinc. Keep your immune system healthy. Vitamin C is found in foods such as green vegetables, peppers, kiwifruit and citrus fruits. Zinc is found in oysters, red meat, beans and nuts. However if you are finding it difficult to get enough of these nutrients through food, Clive’s Chemist has Vitamin C and Zinc tablets available.
- There are a variety of products to help maintain a healthy immune system and general well-being. They contain ingredients such as echinacea, olive leaf and garlic.
The team at Clive’s are your local health experts here to keep happy and healthy throughout winter.
Julie Celebrates 10 fabulous years at Clive's
This month our staff spotlight falls on the wonderful Julie. Before joining us in 2006, Julie operated her own business on Queen St.
Mother of two, she’s one of the most caring people you’ll ever meet, in-fact she even has her own fan club - honest! Much of Julie's time is spent working with our older customers who appreciate her warm welcoming attitude and friendly smile! Julie is fabulous at choosing our gift ranges for the shop. She always keeps the gift area fresh and beautifully displayed.
To thank her for all her hard work and dedication to Clive’s Chemist and the Wainuiomata community we wanted to give her a 10th birthday treat. So we sent Julie, and her husband Barry, on a weekend away to Queenstown, for some fun and adventure in the stunning South Island!
What's the difference between a cold and flu?
Clive's Happy Thought