Do you want to feel better? Have more energy? The chance to live longer? Look no further than exercise. The health benefits of regular exercise and physical activity are hard to ignore.
And the benefits of exercise are yours for the taking, regardless of your age, sex or physical ability. New Zealand’s Ministry of Health recommends walking as a great way to begin exercise for no cost. They have some great resources to get you motivated.
Now that you’re all prepped, put on your walking shoes, because Wainuiomata has just the event to get you moving. The annual ‘King of the Hill’ will be held on July 3. So, grab a friend and enjoy the challenge of walking or running from Queen St to the top of the hill and back. This fun event is a great opportunity to make exercise part of our daily lives. It’s a great excuse to get walking now, and the team at Clive’s Chemist look forward to seeing you there!
Need more convincing? In his book ‘A Short Guide to a Long Life’ David Agus outlines 10 reasons to take a walk.
- You’ll prevent weight gain and perhaps walk off weight.
- You’ll reduce your risk of cancer.
- You’ll reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke.
- You’ll reduce your risk of diabetes.
- You’ll boost brain power and inspire creativity.
- You’ll improve your mood.
- You’ll relieve stress.
- You’ll stimulate a connection with nature and encourage self-reflection.
- You’ll gain an alertness on par with that you’d get from a cup of coffee.
- You’ll live longer.
Take your own virtual tour of Clive's Chemist
Check out our happy and light heated video for a guided tour of Clive’s Chemist by yours truly. You'll see our wide range of products and service. You'll also meet our amazing team. Well...those who weren't too shy to be on camera!
Meet the whole Happy Chemist team - here.
Clive's Happy Thought
We recently celebrated Julie's 10 years on the Happy Chemist team and this got me thinking about loyalty. When I bring up the subject of loyalty with people, they tell me it’s dead. But I beg to differ. Our business is based on our loyal customers and when I look at my own team I see proof that loyalty is alive and well:
- Julie has been here for 10 years
- One team member has been here for 19 years
- Two team members have been here for nine years
- The rest of the Happy Chemist team have been here for between two and eight years
There are great incentives to being loyal. You build history together, develop relationships and support one another. But more importantly when you are loyal you realise that it is not all about ‘me’.
Sometimes being loyal costs you time and money. But the other person benefits enormously and that is more important.
So thank you Julie for sticking it out with me. I know that I’m not always the best boss around. But I am grateful for your loyalty and the friendships you have developed with our customers. I’d like you to know, our whole team values your support day in and day out.