1. Keep your fluid intake up. Aim for eight glasses of water a day. Wine, coffee, and tea don’t count – alcohol and caffeine deplete the body of fluids. Herbal teas are fine, though.2. Don’t get stressed out. Stress can affect immunity and lead to anxiety and depression. So do plenty of things that help you unwind. This could be playing with the kids, having a long soak in a hot bath, working out at the gym, or getting back to nature. We can also advise you about supplements designed to help stop anxiety and depression.
- Air out your room by opening the windows when the sun’s out, even if it’s only for a few minutes each day.
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly with water and soap.
- Damp houses contribute to respiratory illness, so keep the bathroom door closed when showering, and consider installing a dehumidifier.
- Stay away from work or school if you’re coughing or sneezing – don’t pass your infection on to others, especially children and babies.
Drop in to Clive’s Chemist and we’ll help you tackle winter head on with sound advice and supplements.