The Happy Chemist
The Happy Chemist
* Clive’s Chemist uses Courier Post or New Zealand Couriers as our main courier company for deliveries.
What are the shipping costs for orders?
Standard shipping costs within New Zealand*:
Orders under $100 - $5.00 shipping
Orders over $100 - free shipping*
*For orders that are heavy or big / bulky, there may be an extra charge for shipping. If this is the case, a customer service staff from Clive’s Chemist will contact you to discuss additional costs and options.
*Free shipping is only for the NORTH and SOUTH island. It does not include other islands. We can organise shipping to other islands (which belong to NZ) at an extra cost. Our staff will call and inform you the extra cost.
How long will my order take to process?
* All orders will be processed within 1 - 2 working days (does not include weekends and public holidays) of receiving the order provided the goods are in stock.
* A customer service person will get in touch with you if an item you have ordered is out of stock or has been discontinued as soon as we can.
* If due to unforeseen circumstances, an item has to be ordered in, it can take 1 - 2 working days for us to procure the stock. In this case, it may take extra time for us to dispatch your order. You will be kept informed if such a situation does occur.
* Cut off time for processing orders is 2PM from Monday - Friday. There is no processing over the weekends. Orders received after 2PM on Fridays will be processed on Monday if it's not a public holiday).
How long will it take for my order to be delivered?
Indication of delivery times are as follows. Please note that these times start only after the goods are picked up from our premises.
New Zealand (non rural delivery) - 1 to 3 working days
New Zealand (rural delivery) - 3 to 5 working days
*Delivery times are an estimate only
*Days for delivery days are business days only after dispatch
Do I have to sign for my parcel?
Yes. All our parcels are sent out 'signature required' as it is covered by insurance if lost or damaged. If you wish for your parcel to be 'non signature', then Your Chemist will not be held responsible for any lost or damaged goods as this is not covered by insurance. The customer will need to contact the courier company directly.
Can I change my parcel to non-signature once it is dispatched?
If a parcel is sent out signature required then we are unable to change that to non-signature. This is as per the courier company's policy.
Can I trace my parcel?
Yes. You will be sent an email to the email address provided with a tracking number and name of the courier company once the parcel has been dispatched.
Can I leave a message for the courier?
We will forward all messages to the courier company, however as we do not have control over the courier company or their drivers, we cannot guarantee that all messages will be actioned. Unfortunately this is beyond our control.
What if my parcel hasn't arrived?
If you haven't received your parcel within the time frame specified above, then please contact us straight away on 04 5648618 or email us on email@example.com.
Claiming for a parcel must be done within 30 days from initial dispatch. Claiming process is done on a case by case basis.
Clive’s Chemist will accept responsibility for any parcels lost in transit in New Zealand until it is delivered to the address specified. We cannot accept responsibility for your parcel once delivery has been made.
I received my parcel but it's damaged. What can I do?
If the parcel you received is damaged, then please retain the outer and inner packaging. Take photos of all outer packaging and damaged goods and forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For us to make a claim with the courier company, you must provide us with this information otherwise the claim will be declined.
What if my parcel is heavy or big or bulky?
For orders that are heavy or big / bulky, there may be an extra charge for shipping. If this is the case, a someone from Clive’s Chemist will contact you to discuss additional costs and options.
*We package all items very carefully, in bubble-wrap or foam where appropriate.