Microlax 4 Pack
What MICROLAX is used for?
MICROLAX may be used whenever there is a need to relieve constipation or open the bowels, when there are certain disturbances of bowel movement or opening of the bowels and in preparation for examination of the rectum (back passage).
MICROLAX is a fast acting micro-enema which works to soften bowel motions and gently assist bowel emptying without irritating the lining of the bowel.
Each enema tube contains 5 ml of solution. This is equivalent to one teaspoon.
Directions for use:
- Twist off the cap and squeeze a drop of the solution out of the tube that will make it even easier to insert the tip of the tube.
- Sit down on the toilet in your usual position or just squat down a little and insert the neck of the tube completely into your rectum. The small rounded tip is thinner than a suppository, and can be inserted safely and painlessly when used as directed, even for children under 3.
- Gently squeeze out the entire contents (only 5ml) of the tube into the rectum.
- Keeping the tube squeezed tightly, withdraw the tip from the rectum. Tighten your buttox muscles to prevent the solution from running out. Important: To allow stool to soften, it is important not to have a bowel movement immediately; you should wait at least 5 minutes.
- There will be a gentle bowel movement within 30 minutes after use. It will likely be a normal bowel movement that can be controlled.
- After use, dispose of the micro-enema so easy and hygienic.
Tips for use with children under 3 years of age:
- MICROLAX is easy to use and gentle when your infant is in the usual position for nappy changing.
- You should only insert the tube neck halfway (see marking on tube neck) and only squeeze half the contents into your baby's rectum.
- After squeezing in the solution, gently bring your baby's legs together and press them on the changing pad to prevent the solution from leaking out.